AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Name Change

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

I would like to change the name of my child and amend the birth certificate to reflect the new name.  What do I do?

If you want to amend the birth certificate to reflect the father's last name and the parents were not married, you can file to establish paternity.  If you want to legally change the name of a minor child, use the appropriate legal form and file them with the court.


Name Change Forms

Name Change Form Requirements