" />

Arizona Name Change Forms

Common reasons for name changes?

1. When a person wants to return to a prior name after a dissolution of marriage (divorce). This type of name change is typically done as part of the divorce, but it can also be done as a separate matter. If you change your name as part of the Dissolution of Marriage (divorce), you need to get a certified copy of the Decree from the Clerk of the Court. You will be able to change your name on your license, social security card and bank account with this certified copy.

2. When a parent wants to change a the name of a child to be the same as the parents.

3. When a person simply may not like the name they have, and wants to establish a new identity.

What forms do I need to change my name as an adult?

1. Petition for Change of Name (also called an Application for Change of Name)
2. Order of Name Change
3. Notice of Hearing Regarding Application for Name Change

County name change forms are under the county tab.  If your county does not have forms available for filing a name change, please refer to the Arizona State forms provided.
The information offered on this site is made available as a public service and is not intended to take the place of legal advice. If you do not understand something, have trouble filling out any of the forms, or are not sure these forms and instructions apply to your situation, see an attorney for help. Consult a state Law Library or the Legal Aid Resources page for information on free or reduced cost legal aid for more information.
Not all forms may be accepted in all Arizona courts – you should contact the clerk of the court in which you will be filing to confirm the use of a particular form, determine whether any additional forms are required and verify the filing fees. The Arizona Bar Foundation assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability for actions taken by users of these documents, including reliance on their contents.
Court Logo

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | About Us

© , Arizona Bar Foundation | All Rights Reserved

This website has been prepared for general information purposes only. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from state-to-state or county-to-county, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your situation. Finally, the information contained on this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your jurisdiction.