AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Name Change

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

I am filing for a divorce.  I would like my maiden name back.  What do I do?

There is a section on your Petition for Dissolution of Marriage that addresses this issue.  Please refer back to your instructions that came with your packet.  If you are the Respondent and you wish to have your maiden name restored, the packet contains a form entitled "Request to Restore Maiden Name" that you can fill out and file with the office of the Clerk.

What if I am already divorced and I wish to have my maiden name given back to me?

Once the divorce has become final and the issue of restoring your maiden name was not addressed, you will need to file for a name change with the court.


Name Change Forms

Name Change Form Requirements