A- A A+

Yuma County - Name Change for Adult with Minor Children

Name Change for Adult with Minor Children

You may use this form if the following factors apply to your situation:

  • You are a resident of the county where you are filing this request, AND,
  • You want to ask the Court to change your name, AND,
  • You are an adult 18 years or older, AND,
  • You are the parent of at least one minor child, AND,
  • You are prepared under penalty of perjury to inform the Court whether you have ever been convicted of a felony and whether there are any pending charges against you for a felony or other offense involving false statements or misrepresentation of identity, AND,
  • You understand the name change will neither harm your rights nor release you from any obligations or liabilities incurred under your current name, AND,
  • You are not changing your name to that of another person for the purpose of committing any crime or furthering any offense involving fraud or misrepresentation of identity.

pdf Application for Change of Name of an Adult Who is the Parent of at least One Minor Child (749 KB)