A- A A+

Yuma County - Correct a Birth Certificate of a Minor Child

Correct a Birth Certificate of a Minor Child

You may use this form if the following factors apply to your situation:

  • You are the parent or guardian of a minor child who was born in the state of Arizona who is less than 18 years old, and there is an error on the child's birth certificate other than the child's name or there is an error in the child's name and some other item of information.
  • The Arizona Office of Vital Records was unable to make the correction, and you want the Court to issue an Order to correct the error(s).
  • You are prepared to present a certified copy of the minor's Arizona birth certificate that contains the incorrect information.
  • You are able to present evidence supporting what you say is the correct information, AND
  • You understand that if the evidence you have present with this Petition or that you bring to court with you is not enough to satisfy the Court:
    • You may be ordered to return to court with more/other supporting information, or
    • Your case may be dismissed and you will not receive a refund of any court fees.

pdf Correct (Amend) a Birth Certificate for a MINOR (1006 KB)