AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

Form Finder

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

pdf 1. How to Transfer an Out-of-State Guardianship and/or Conservatorship Case in to Arizona Popular

By Tagged in Conservatorship, Guardianship 1225 downloads

Download (pdf, 2.33 MB)

Adult Transfer case to AZ - GC and-or Con.pdf

You may use this forms if the following factors apply to your situation:

  • There is a court-ordered guardianship and/or conservatorship for an incapacitated or protected person (also known as “the ward”) in a U.S. state other than Arizona.
  • The ward is now in Arizona or will soon relocate to Arizona.
  • You want to transfer the existing guardianship and/or conservatorship case to Arizona rather than starting a new case here. *

* NOTE: You may either file to transfer or start a new case in Arizona, but note that transferring guardianship and/or conservatorship requires ALL of the following:

  • Asking the court in the state where the case is being sent from for permission to ask Arizona to accept the case;
  • Asking the court in Arizona to issue a provisional (temporary or conditional) order accepting the case;
  • Presenting the order provisionally accepting the case from the court in Arizona to the court in the sending state and asking for final permission to transfer;
  • Presenting the final permission to transfer from the sending state to the court in Arizona and asking for a final order accepting the transfer from Arizona; and
  • Presenting the final order from Arizona accepting transfer to the court in the sending state, along with a request to terminate the case in that state.

Note also, when accepting a transfer, no court investigator’s report or physician’s report are required, as the receiving court accepts the sending court’s determination of incapacity and need for protection.