FAQ - Small Claims

How to file a small claims case?

To file a small claims case the plaintiff (the person who files a lawsuit) submits the complaint with the justice court in the region where the defendant lives. There is a filing fee for filing a complaint. If the plaintiff cannot afford the fee, they may apply for a fee waiver or deferral. The claim cannot request an award over $3,500.


Court Logo

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | About Us

© , Arizona Bar Foundation | All Rights Reserved

This website has been prepared for general information purposes only. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from state-to-state or county-to-county, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your situation. Finally, the information contained on this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your jurisdiction.