A- A A+

FAQ - Procedural Guidance

How do I file for default?

You can file for default 20 days after you served the other party (30 days if you served them out of state). To file for default, file an Application for Entry of Default and Entry of Default, then mail a copy to the other person. From the day you file the application, the other person has 10 business days to file a response, otherwise default will be entered against them, and the case will go forward without the input from the other person. The clerk of court can tell you the filing fee if there is one. Your local court might have forms and instructions for default.