A- A A+

FAQ - Child Support

I already have a support order, but the payments are barely enough for my child. Is it possible to change the amount of monthly support I receive?

Under federal and state law, you have the right to request a modification of your child support order. DCSS can help you review for a modification of your child support order if you qualify. The review is based on the current income of the parents, the Arizona child support guidelines, and if there is a situation that is substantial and continuing, which would change your order by 15 percent or more. The review may result in an increase, decrease, or no change in your child support order. If you believe your case meets these criteria, you may click on the link to the modification packet and complete all of the required forms.  Return them to: Modification Packet, Division of Child Support Services, P.O. Box 40458, Phoenix, AZ 85067; or you may go to a local DCSS office to pick up a modification packet; or you may contact DCSS at 602-252-4045 or 1-800-882-4151. If our review shows that a modification of your order is appropriate, we will send your case to the Attorney General’s office who will take it to court..

Response provided by the Department of Child Support Services