A- A A+

Consent Decree Filing

A Consent Decree can only be filed if you and your spouse:

  • Do NOT have a covenant marriage
  • Have agreed on ALL terms of the divorce agreement
  • Have agreed to on a Consenting divorce

Steps of filing a Consent Decree:

  1. Wait at least 60 days from the date your spouse was served or signed an "Acceptance of Service" for the divorce papers before you file the Consent Decree.
  2. Sign the Consent Decree with your spouse in front of a Notary or a Clerk of the Court
  3. Make copies of the Consent Decree; Exhibit A: Property and Debts; quit claim deed; if applicable Sensitive Data Cover Sheet, Parenting Plans, Child Support Worksheet.  You will need 2-3 copies of each set of documents: 1 - clerk of the court, 1 - other parent, 1 - you
  4. File the original documents a the counter of the nearby Superior Courthouse.  Bring the additional copies, so that the clerk can stamp them as being "conformed."  When you file, you will also have to pay the current fees or file for a Fee Deferral or Waiver.
  5. Attend a hearing, if requested by the Court
  6. Decree Signed by the judge if the Consent Decree is approved

When a Consent Decree is signed, you are stating that:

  • You have read, understand, and agree to what was written in the Consent Decree
  • You agree to all the terms of the Decree
  • You are requesting that the Court makes this an official court order


Consent Decree Forms

Fee Waiver and Deferrals