A- A A+

FAQ - Separation

I was dating someone and we split up. They have property that belongs to me that they will not let me have (car, furniture or other property). How do I get my property back?

This situation is a civil matter. If the value of the property is $10,000 or less, you may file a small claims case in justice court. If the value of the property is more than $10,000, you may file a civil complaint in superior court. For other options that may be available, you may want to speak with an attorney.