AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Separation

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

How do I file for legal separation?

Legal separation is filed in the same manner as a Petition for divorce (dissolution of marriage). You, the petitioner, will need to complete the appropriate forms and file them with your local Superior Courthouse. The filing fees can be found at the Administrative Office of the Courts. If you cannot afford to file, you may apply for a fee waiver or deferral at the same time of your filing.


Arizona Legal Separation Forms

Arizona Fee Waiver and Deferral Forms

Find My Court - Arizona Superior Courts

A.R.S. § 25-313

A.R.S. § 25-317

Arizona Rules of Family Law Procedure