A- A A+

FAQ - Scheduling Court Appearances

Can I reschedule (continue) my hearing to a later date?

This is called a continuance; only the judge can move a hearing date.  If you need to reschedule, you may file a written request with the clerk at least 5 days before your scheduled court date.  You must provide a copy of the request to the other person (or the prosecuting attorney in a criminal case) for the judge to consider the request.  Requests are not granted automatically.  If you do not hear back for the courthouse, you must check back with them to see if it has been granted and when the new court date is set.