FAQ - Probate

How do I get the title changed on property that belonged to my relative (husband, wife, father, mother, etc.) who is now deceased?

If the value of the estate is less than $100,000, you may file an affidavit for transfer of title to real property.  Self-service centers or superior courts may have forms available online. If the value of the real property exceeds $100,000, you may qualify to file an informal probate. You may consult an attorney to determine if the estate has to be probated and to help guard against undesired and unexpected consequences. 
•    Affidavit for collection of all personal property
•    Maricopa County Probate cases webpage

Tags: ,
Court Logo

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | About Us

© , Arizona Bar Foundation | All Rights Reserved

This website has been prepared for general information purposes only. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from state-to-state or county-to-county, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your situation. Finally, the information contained on this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your jurisdiction.