A- A A+

FAQ - Paternity

If the father of my child leaves the state, will I still be able to establish paternity for my child?

Each state must give full faith and credit to paternity determinations made by other states in accordance with their laws and regulations.

If paternity has been established in another state by a court or administrative order or voluntary acknowledgement, the determination of paternity has the same force and effect in this state as if the determination of paternity was granted by a court in this state.

Response provided by the Department of Child Support Services