AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Legal Decision Making and Parenting Time (Custody)

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

I am supposed to pick up my kids this weekend, but the other parent says I will not be allowed to have them. Can the court make the other parent give me the kids?

The court cannot enforce an order unless the other person has actually disobeyed it. If the other parent denies your parenting time, you can ask the court to enforce the parenting time order.  Your court might have a do-it-yourself packet for enforcement that includes forms and instructions. If not, many courts accept the packet of Maricopa County. Some courts offer special programs, such as counseling, or require additional steps, such as mediation.

pdf Planning for Parenting Time: Arizona's Guide for Parents Living Apart (1.22 MB)

pdf Things to Know About Legal Decision-Making and Parenting Time (491 KB)


PIP Classes

Informational Resources

Parenting Plans

Custody FAQ

Custody Forms