A- A A+

FAQ - Legal Decision Making and Parenting Time (Custody)

How do I move out of state with my child (the other parent is staying here)?

If your parenting time order says you cannot move, you can ask the court to change that order to let you move. Your court might have a do-it-yourself packet to change parenting time that includes forms and instructions. If not, many courts accept the packet of Maricopa County. Some courts offer special programs, such as counseling, or require additional steps, such as mediation.


pdf Planning for Parenting Time: Arizona's Guide for Parents Living Apart (1.22 MB)

pdf Things to Know About Legal Decision-Making and Parenting Time (491 KB)


PIP Classes

Informational Resources

Parenting Plans

Custody FAQ

Custody Forms