AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Legal Decision Making and Parenting Time (Custody)

My child does not want to return to the home of the other parent at the end of my parenting time. Does my child have to go back?

Everyone must follow the court order until the judge changes it. Your court might have a do-it-yourself packet to change parenting time. If not, many courts accept the packet of Maricopa County. These packets explain the steps and include forms. Some courts offer special programs, such as counseling, or require additional steps, such as mediation. If someone is in danger, you can call law enforcement.

pdf Things to Know About Legal Decision-Making and Parenting Time (491 KB)

pdf Planning for Parenting Time: Arizona's Guide for Parents Living Apart (1.22 MB)

Legal Decision Making and Parenting Time FAQ


PIP Classes

Informational Resources

Parenting Plans

Custody FAQ

Custody Forms