FAQ - Evictions

My air conditioner stopped cooling. What do I have to do to exercise my rights under the law?

If a landlord fails to supply a reasonable amount of heat, air conditioning, or cooling where such units are installed and offered, the tenant can exercise the rights provided by Arizona law. The tenant is required to give the landlord written notice specifying what is wrong. If the landlord does not fix the issue timely, the tenant may then choose any of the statutory remedies. The notice can be a letter that is mailed certified or registered mail, but it can also be an email or a text message as long as the tenant has proof it was sent and that the landlord received it.


Air Conditioning Legal Info Sheet

A.R.S. § 33-1313

A.R.S. § 33-1364(A) and (H)


Court Logo

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | About Us

© , Arizona Bar Foundation | All Rights Reserved

This website has been prepared for general information purposes only. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from state-to-state or county-to-county, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your situation. Finally, the information contained on this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your jurisdiction.