FAQ - Appeals Heard in Superior Court

I have filed an appeal on my eviction. Who do I pay my rent to?

The monthly rent gets paid to the court and the court will issue a check to the landlord. If you want to remain in your rental home pending your appeal, you must purchase a supersedeas bond and then continue to pay your rent into the court on or before the day it is due each month. There is no grace period for payment. If you fail to pay rent into the court on time you may be removed from the rental property during the appeal.
•    Representing Yourself: A Guide on How to Appeal a Final Order or Judgment from a Justice Court or Municipal Court


Court Logo

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | About Us

© , Arizona Bar Foundation | All Rights Reserved

This website has been prepared for general information purposes only. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from state-to-state or county-to-county, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your situation. Finally, the information contained on this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your jurisdiction.