FAQ - Appealing to an Appellate Court

What initiating documents can be filed directly?

Initiating documents that can be filed directly with the Court of Appeals are:

  • special action petitions
  • petitions for review from a denial of post-conviction relief

A notice of appeal (civil or criminal) cannot be filed directly with the Court of Appeals.


Court Logo

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | About Us

© , Arizona Bar Foundation | All Rights Reserved

This website has been prepared for general information purposes only. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from state-to-state or county-to-county, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your situation. Finally, the information contained on this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your jurisdiction.