Traffic Violation Information

Denying Responsibility and Requesting a Hearing

If you chose to deny responsibility for the civil traffic violation you can request a hearing.  To request a hearing be aware that:

  • You may request a hearing by mail or by appearing on your scheduled court date.
  • If you request a hearing you give up any option of attending a defensive driving school diversion program.
  • You may voluntarily post a deposit in the amount of the civil penalty to ensure your license is not suspended should you fail to appear for the hearing. Do not send cash through the mail.

The officer who issued the citation will be subpoenaed to appear at the hearing.

Court Logo

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | About Us

© , Arizona Bar Foundation | All Rights Reserved

This website has been prepared for general information purposes only. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from state-to-state or county-to-county, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your situation. Finally, the information contained on this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your jurisdiction.