The counterclaim made by the defendant may also demand money from the plaintiff. If this demand does not exceed $3,500, the case remains in the small claims division.  If it exceeds this amount, the case is transferred out of the small claims division. All counterclaims are filed at the time of filing the answer. If not, the defendant will have to pay a separate filing fee to file a counterclaim.


Small Claim Forms

Small Claim Frequently Asked Questions

Justice Court Locations