Name Change Information

Common reasons for name changes?

1. When a person wants to return to a prior name after a dissolution of marriage (divorce). This type of name change is typically done as part of the divorce, but it can also be done as a separate matter. If you change your name as part of the Dissolution of Marriage (divorce), you need to get a certified copy of the Decree from the Clerk of the Court. You will be able to change your name on your license, social security card and bank account with this certified copy.

2. When a parent wants to change a the name of a child to be the same as the parents.

3. When a person simply may not like the name they have, and wants to establish a new identity.

What forms do I need to change my name as an adult?

1. Petition for Change of Name (also called an Application for Change of Name)
2. Order of Name Change
3. Notice of Hearing Regarding Application for Name Change


Name Change Forms

Frequently Asked Questions on Name Change

Arizona Court Website

Court Logo

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | About Us

© , Arizona Bar Foundation | All Rights Reserved

This website has been prepared for general information purposes only. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from state-to-state or county-to-county, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your situation. Finally, the information contained on this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your jurisdiction.